BATTLE OF THE BEATERS!
Battle of the Beaters is a just-for-fun drag-race shootout of vehicles worth $4,999 or less!
N/A & P/A Class!
Old Battle of the Beaters Rules! 2023 Coming Soon!
Battle of the Beaters is a just-for-fun drag-race shootout of vehicles worth $4,999 or less! Don’t bring your race face or glass ego, because you might get hurt when our judges ridicule your car and joust with the crowd to decide if your car is worth $4,999 or less, which is the only way you can be allowed to race! Here are the rules and the race format.
All cars in the Battle of the Beaters must be worth less than $4,999 as decided by the Duct Tape Drags judges in conjunction with the spectators. The $4,999 value is not based on the total money you personally have spent on the car, instead, it’s based on what the judges feel the car would sell for on the open market. Example: If your grandma gave you a free ‘69 Camaro and you spent just $500 making it run, you’re not going to be allowed to race because virtually any ‘69 Camaro is worth more than $4,999.
Cars, trucks, vans, RVs, and semi trucks only. No motorcycles, ATVs, side by sides, snowmobiles, sand rails, or go-karts allowed.
There are two classes for Battle of the Beaters: Naturally Aspirated (no nitrous or boost) and Power Adder (yes nitrous and/or boost).
Each class is contested separately. The NA class will race before PA class, so NA cars are allowed to install a power adder and compete in the PA class if they wish. Any power adder must be completely disabled in the opinion of the judges during NA competition.
Race format: Cars race a quarter-mile, heads-up drag race on a pro tree in random pairings. The last car standing wins. There will be a one-race shootout of the Naturally Aspirated versus Power Adder winner at the end.
Prizes will be announced
All cars in Battle of the Beaters competition must pass NHRA safety inspection for the et and speed they run. Safety equipment will not be considered in the overall value of the vehicles during judging.
Your car must pass a basic NHRA Safety Tech. There will be TWO CLASSES! N/A & P/A Classes for the race this year! Your Class will be assigned during your Tech Inspection!
Basic NHRA Safety Tech:
- Driver must be 18 Years or older with a Valid Drivers License.
- Tires & Seat Belts must be in good condition.
- The Battery must be firmly held down, no bungee cords please.
- All Lug Nuts must be in place and tight.
- No Cracked or Broken Windshields.
- No Fluid Leaks or Drips from the vehicle.
- Must have a Radiator Overflow Bottle.
- A helmet is required if the vehicle will go 13.99 or Quicker in the 1/4 Mile.
- No Passengers if the vehicle will go 13.99 or Quicker in the 1/4 Mile.
- A Fire jacket is required if an aftermarket power adder (Turbo, Blower, Nitrous) has been added to the vehicle.